Friday, December 6, 2013

Astral Productions is Back! Astroid Andy's "Shadows" Announcement, Q&A, and more!

So, it's been quite some time since I've been on here. Actually, it's been quite some time since I've made any music. Due to recent life problems (like the main musician, well, the only musician and CEO of Astral Productions just spent 6 months in 2 separate county jails), I've been unable to work on any new material. Well, good news fell Astral Projectors, Astral Productions is back in full swing now, and I don't see any stopping ahead. Now that I have my life (somewhat) straitened out, my legal troubles, drug problems, and family issues are either completely behind me (legal issues), under control (drug issues), or slowly working themselves out (family issues), I shouldn't have any reason to stop productions on my upcoming albums. I know you don't come here to hear about my crazy, fucked up life, but sometimes I feel the need to vent and explain why there are delays in releases or why certain announced albums never see the light of day. So let's do a short Q&A, then we shall move onto the updates about what the rest of 2013 & begining of 2014 will have in store for Astral Productions.




Q & A


Q: What ever happened to Sanctuary 3 & The Sounds of Self Destruction 2

A: I have decided to put an end to the Sanctuary Saga, the few songs I did start to make are available on the Astral Plane EP. As for The Sounds of Self Destruction 2, I have opted to create a new album in loo of a part 2, my upcoming album "Shadows" which will be out by the end of December 2013.


Q: When are we going to see another Director's Cut of the Temple of Sloth?

A: I plan on wrapping up my Astroid Andy album "Shadows" first, and remixing a few of the tracks from that album with a follow up EP with some B-Sides & Remixes (I always have B-Sides, it's damn near a guarantee)and it's always fun to revisit some of my favorite songs from the album and remix them or simply extend them, much like what I did with
The Sounds of Static EP. But with my recent acquisition of an updated version of the music making software I use, I can assure you that when I do release the next Director's Cut of my Temple of Sloth Saga (I plan on doing Return to the Temple of Sloth next), it will be better than any of the others by a long shot. I'm not in any hurry to get started on another Director's Cut EP, but we should be seeing another one by February of 2014.


Q:Will we ever see another Temple of Sloth" album?

A: As a matter of fact, you will. Upon completion of "Shadows, I will be working on the long anticipated follow up to 2011's The Process of Decay "The Laceration Recordings. With the updated software (believe me, I have about 25 new things to play with now with the software I use to write my TOS albums. But seeing as I have not yet begun production on this album, I can not divulge details as to it's release. I'm aiming for a January 2014 release, I will keep you posted on the progress of it as it develops, and I will stream any new songs from TOS as soon as they are written. These albums tend to take a bit longer to write seeing as I do not use sound-clips, but instead write each stanza of music by hand on several computerized synthesizers. So be patient, "The Laceration Recordings" has become my next big goal as far as Astral Productions is concerned outside of my Astroid Andy recordings.


Q: When will we ever see another Astroid Andy music video?

A: Yes! I don't want to jump the gun and give you any for sure dates as to when another music video will surface, but I want to do a few of them for "The Drain", "Masochrist", and "I'm Remembering Things That Haven't Happened Yet". I have been having trouble finding some good and simple video editing software, but as soon as I do (hopefully we'll see at least one new video by the summer of 2014), I'll begin work on Cerebral Enlightenment: The Astroid Andy Experience DVD. Again, I can't say for sure when any of this will be happening, but just know I have tons of video shot and ready to be edited into music videos, plus I'm still working on an Astral Production Vlog or at the very least a podcast. Hopefully we'll see the vlog or podcast come to life in 2014.


Q: Will there ever be another Andy Day Project album?

A: Currently there are no future plans on another release from The Andy Day Project, but I do plan on slipping in a few tracks in the upcoming Astroid Andy album "Shadows as well as a few in upcoming Temple of Sloth album "The Laceration Tapes. Who knows, maybe I'll drop an EP sometime soon, I still have a whole slew of B-Sides & Demos from There Was a HOLE Here. It's Gone Now that just may surface before the years up. But officially, NO, there are no future plans for The Andy Day Project. But then again, I never intended to write Return to the Temple of Sloth which spawned 2 sequels and a side project.



THUS CONCLUDES OUR Q&A



ASTROID ANDY NEWS!
Okay, so I know it's been a long time since I released The Sounds of Self Destruction, and it has killed me not being able to work on any new music. From time to time I get burnt out on making music, or life happens and I am unable to do anything at all. Well, that all changed today, December 6,2013, when I acquired a brand new version of my music software, as well as 10 new genre soundpools (over 4,000 sound clips). As soon as I got settled in, fixed me some coffee, and had a fresh pack of smokes, I began work on my newest album, Shadows. Similar to the approach I took on Sounds of Self Destruction, I am adding more electronic elements to my established progressive ambient style. I am reinventing my self with Shadows, creating a very emotional, and acid soaked experience. I am continuing experimenting with elements of Dubstep, as well as playing with some Minimalism, Downbeat, Triphop, Electric Dub, Trance, Techno, House, and of course Movie Score & Ambient to create dramatically theatrical electronica, all while being able to expand your mind and help you reach spiritual enlightenment through sound. I'm going to work even harder on this release than previous efforts so that hopefully I can cram it full of extra material for those of you who download it. I will keep you up to date as things develop here at Astral Productions.


Here's a sneak peak at the first draft of the cover.



As a side note, I am thinking of re-doing all my album covers with pictures that are not of me, but of photographs I have taken that I feel will represent the album. I will edit some and put them up on the blog, displaying them besides the original cover, and let you, THE FANS, decide which should be the final cover. More on that at a later time.




Keep on Astral Projecting,


Astroid Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment