Saturday, December 14, 2013

Update: Astroid Andy's "Shadows" & "The Laceration Recordings" & More!


Astroid Andy/Shadows UPDATE
Okay, so "Shadows", my Astroid Andy album, is coming along really well. I've gotten about 5 tracks completely finished, and am currently (in between writing this posting, as a matter of fact) working on another new song. Unlike some of my previous releases where I've been super eager to share my progress with you as they develop, I've decided to take a different approach with this one and will only let you hear it upon completion. It may take a while longer than originally planned, but that's because I'm throwing a few surprises in there. This album, originally planned to be a follow up to "Sounds of Self Destruction", but as things go, it's more of a stand alone album that ties into "Sounds". I've set a release date for December 30, 2013, but we may see it a tad bit sooner if I keep on going the way I am now. But to keep you pumped up for it, I am going to give you a preview of "Shadows" with the first single, "Brookhaven".




Also, as stated before, there will be a follow up EP to "Shadows" that will contain demos, B-sides, a few remixes. The working title for that EP is "From the Shadows EP". No release date or any other details yet, I haven't started on that one at all yet. I'll be working on it while I work on The Laceration Recordings, which leads me to...

"The Laceration Recordings"

I have been tossing around a few ideas for this album for a little while now, and I'm thinking of turning it into a split album, half Astroid Andy, half Temple of Sloth, with a few songs that would pretty much be The Andy Day Project in terms of using both recording and writing methods that makes each individual project unique. Now, this may just come out as a Temple of Sloth album, but I'm giving some serious thought into the idea of making it the biggest album of the year for Astral Productions. Let me hear from you: the fans, and tell me what you'd like more, a solo album, or a split album? Either way, I have covers made up for either choice I make.

The Temple of Sloth Saga: Director's Cut Editions

That's right! I recovered the original arrangement for Return to the Temple of Sloth, so I plan on kicking off 2014 with the Director's Cut of it. I will be periodically working on it during my work on The Laceration Recordings, and will keep you posted on that. Also, I found the Extended Edition version, which I don't believe has ever surfaced online, so I may just use that version while adding new segments and remixing others. This Cut will be damn near 45 minutes long, so be prepared to have your minds blown in 2014.


Well, Astral Projectors, that's all the news I have at this time. I'll keep you updated as things develop.



Astroid Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment