Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's Finally Here! The Uncut, Extended Version of "Journey to the Temple of Sloth" !


I've had this track since late October of 2010, and I consider it to be my masterpiece. I tried a while back to be able to put it online, but due to it's size, I hadn't been able to. The original arrangement (the song's saved file in the software I use to write/make it with) is long gone, and I've only been able to find the demo version and the standard cut from "Decomposed". I decided to try my luck again in converting the MP3 of it to a WAV file (the format required to upload it onto Bandcamp), and the gods of music did me a solid and after over 3 years I'm able to present the full length Journey to the Temple of Sloth in all it's spectacular, surrealistic glory. Had I been able to find the saved arrangement of the Extended version, I planned on giving this the real "Director's Cut" treatment and add some more segments as well as tweaking different pieces of it as well as I've done on Return to the Temple of Sloth [Director's Cut], but seeing as things didn't go as I wanted them to, I was limited to just presenting it as you see it before you, which in all fairness, is okay with the magnitude of the "Extended Version"'s greatness. I should be able to wrap up the "Director's Cut" project soon when I release the last entry, "Escape from the Temple of Sloth". I still plan on doing a "Rise of the Temple of Sloth" and releasing it as The Andy Day Project. I will most likely make it an epic song, split into segments like all the others and add an Uncut version as an exclusive track for those who download the EP. But more news on all that as it happens. For now, I am overly excited to present to you, my fellow Astral Projectors, Journey to the Temple of Sloth [Extended Version], easily the greatest song I have ever wrote (in my humble opinion).

-Astroid Andy

P.S. Also, I am including the Demo version of the song with the "Director's Cut" for those of you who didn't download Astral Plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment