Monday, May 21, 2012

Devolpments Down in the Lab



It's been a crazy week for me. For the latter part of the week, I was away from Astral Productions, taking care of family business. My 22nd birthday was on the 17th, I celebrated it days before and days after by visiting head shops, strip clubs, and surrounding myself with family and friends I hadn't seen in some time. But my absence from the studio didn't stop me from working on different projects that are in motion currently here at Astral Productions. Currently I am compiling photographs for the novella version of Vicarious Destruction & Masochists. These pictures will also be featured in my book, A Story of Scars: The Mind of Andy Day. The finished book will have over 90 photographs, all of which will be available to view online. And for those of you wondering how the new album is coming along, I must say it quiet awesome. Everything is in "demo mode" currently, but it's shaping up great, showing promise for pure audio euphoria. As for Masochists, the progression is going a bit slower than the photography project and the new album, but I have had several brain storming sessions (something that is extremely new to my writing style) which have spawned several great advancements into the story as well as character development, writing techniques, plot twists, themes, metaphors, and more structure. I am going to focus most of my energy into the story, but I will take breaks to venture into other creative outlets, if only to strengthen my integrity and passion for the story. Also a break helps utilize any new skills acquired and apply newer ideas in a more experienced form. Once Masochists is finished, then I will begin work on Project: Vicarious (Re)Construction, where I will dissect the story, re-edit certain parts and add a substantial amount of new material so that when both stories are put together as one it will create the picture I've wanted to paint since the beginning. The updated Vicarious Destruction & Masochists will make up the first part of my book. It will also be released separately with the original rough draft versions of both stories.

This Concludes Our Daily Broadcast:
This is Andy Day for Astral Productions:
Signing Off



The photos for Vicarious Destruction & Masochists are now online. Check Out Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment